June 12, 2011

"Annie" headband giveaway and a interview.......



                                            *GIVEAWAY CLOSED*


                                                    Lori-Anne @ Sara Laurence

              Has generously offered her adorable "Annie" Headband to be won here on my blog!
                                             I must say I'm so envious of whoever wins this. = )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                 (the annie headband)
                                  
                                              What is Sara Laurence ?
Sara Laurence is a Vancouver based boutique accessory line that specializes in custom statement necklaces, headbands, hairwraps, sashes and vintage inspired clips & hair combs.

               -----------------------------------------------------------------------------


                                           When did you start getting into crafts?
I think I've always been crafty… even from a young age, an inclination towards all things creative was there.
I studied literature, music, art history, and interior design in university.
Now at nearly 30, I think I can finally apply a lot of these creative studies into the genre that I'm currently working in.

             When did you start making hair accessories?
There was a time when I wasn't certain which city I would be living in (Toronto, Vancouver, New York or LA),  I realized I needed a career that was flexible and allowed me to take work with me; something I could satellite from wherever I was in the world. I started out making jewelry; evidently a number of my hair accessories have a jewelry feel to them; beading, chain, rhinestone, etc. I know that is deliberate because it is a genre I was so accustomed to working in. I began preparing for my first collection launch last October 2010, and it finally went live in April 2011.

   -------------------------------------------------------------------

             What inspired you to start crafting?
2010 was a whirlwind year for me. I think I found that creating (in any capacity) was a way I could find beauty. My mother had just finished her treatment for breast cancer, and less than three months later my father was also diagnosed with cancer, an extremely rare and aggressive form. I painted, I made cards, I cooked, I made jewelry, I started playing piano again. Everything was so quickly polarized, I moved East to West, people changed, my heart stretched, my heart broke, and I tried to find something I could constructively put love into. We lost my father in July. [He is the 'Laurence' in my company's title. ('Sara' is my middle name, but the 'Laurence' is all a tribute to him.)]   
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    

What inspires you craft/hair accessory wise?


                                                                                             
I find inspiration in a lot of mediums… anything can filter in and help with a concept, from colour schemes to late 90s ice dance, anything goes, and it's interesting to see what ends up in the final collections.
I do love fashion. My favourite designers are Carolina Herrera, Marchesa, Givenchy, Nick  Mo, and Pink Tartan.
I loved costume designer Robert Turturice, (who was responsible for Cybill Shepherd's look in the late 80s!)
On a playful side, I think Lou Eyrich is incredible, she does the wardrobe sourcing/costuming for the television serries 'Glee'. I think her approach is exuberant and youthful and I looked to her for inspiration for my summer collection (which launches in July)
My inaugural collection (which is the current one: Spring 2011) centres around a really subdued colour scheme, pinks, ivories, blacks, denims… with materials ranging from torn chiffon, silk, satin, pearl, and rhinestone.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  I saw that you had a website. Do you sell more on your website or on etsy?


I sell more often through my online boutique: www.shopsaralaurence.com
However, I have had more international clients through Etsy, which is such a treat for me!






-------------------------------------------------------

                                          How long have you been selling on etsy?
                             I'm new to etsy. I just opened my online store two months ago. 

                        

                                              //-----------//------------//-------------//

                                                            Isn't she amazing?!
                                              And her shop is so lovely and inspiring.
                                                It is now my favorite etsy shop ever!

               //--------//--------//--------//----------//--------//---------//---------//--------//
                                 Alright are you ready to take a look at the headband up close!?

isn't it cute? So summery too!


{Mandatory entry}
Go to her shop and tell me what your favorite item is.

{Extra  entries}

Blog,tweet,of face book,about it. (1 entries)
leave 2 separate comments for this or it will not be counted


Heart her etsy shop (1 entry)

Add her shop to your etsy circle (1 entry)

note: tell me your etsy username in your comment for the top two.

Follow my blog (1 entry)

Link up with day 1,or 2, or 3,or 4,or 5,or 6 or,7 hairstyle challenge.  (1 entry)
Every day you link up with your hairstyle on my blog that's 1 entry. So you can get up to 7 entries doing that.

************************************

So go ahead and comment.
 Leave a separate comment for each entry.

A way to contact you weather its your etsy shop user name,email,or your blog URL.

This giveaway will last from the 12th -18th.
It will end at Midnight central time.



30 thought(s) to note :

Anonymous said...

my favorite product from hers is the rhinestone bobby pin!

http://www.shopsaralaurence.com/product/jodeyne-rhinestone-bobby-pin

Anonymous said...

I blogged about it

http://holderofheart.blogspot.com/2011/06/150th-post.html

Anonymous said...

I follow your blog!

Anonymous said...

i blogged about it!

http://holderofheart.blogspot.com/2011/06/150th-post.html

Kels said...

I totally love the Blossom statement necklace, from Sara's shop.

Kels said...

I follow you! <3

Moriah said...

Pretty giveaway! :)

My favorite item in this shop is:
http://www.shopsaralaurence.com/product/annie-headband-blue-satin

Blessings,
Moriah

Moriah said...

I follow your blog! :)

~Moriah

Moriah said...

I hearted her Etsy shop, & my (Etsy) username is: lovelylavendershoppe.

<3 in Christ,
Moriah

Anonymous said...

I love the Keyla Silver headnbad- so beautiful!

Moriah said...

I added the Sara Laurence Etsy shop to my circle. {my username is, lovelylavendershoppe}

Blessings!
~Moriah

Anonymous said...

I hearted her Etsy shop! Username Emariecreations.

samanthahartzell93{at}gmail
{dot}com

Anonymous said...

Added her shop to my Etsy Circle
(username Emariecreations)

samanthahartzell93{at}gmail{dot}com

Anonymous said...

I follow your blog.

samanthahartzell93{at}gmail{dot}com

Miss Laurie said...

Her items are all so lovely! I really like all of the Annie headbands and I really like the 'Marie-France' French Barrette (Pearl), this that is my favorite.
This is a lovely giveaway!

~Miss Laurie

Miss Laurie said...

I Hearted her etsy shop. Her items are so gorgeous!

~Miss Laurie

Miss Laurie said...

Oops, I forgot to put my Etsy username, it's LollieBug.
I added her shop to my etsy circle.

~Miss Laurie

Miss Laurie said...

I follow your blog and really enjoy your posts!

~Miss Laurie

Miss Laurie said...

I linked up to Day 1 of the Hairstyling Challenge.

~Miss Laurie
RatherBookish.blogspot.com

Katie said...

I love the tessa headband.

katietamblingson at yahoo dot com

Miss Laurie said...

I blogged about this giveaway at Rather Bookish.

http://ratherbookish.blogspot.com/2011/06/giveaway-at-feminine-farmgirl.html

~Miss Laurie

Katie said...

I had such a hard time deciding on a favorite, but I'm going to say the "Myriane Rhinestone clip."

Katie said...

I now follow you. =)

Bethany said...

I love the Megan Headband - I actually thought everything was lovely, but this caught my eye. :)

- Bethany

Bethany said...

I follow you!

Anonymous said...

Those headbands are ADORABLE and immensely CUTE!

Miss Laurie said...

I linked up my Day 2 post.

http://ratherbookish.blogspot.com/2011/06/hairstyling-challenge-day-2.html

~Miss Laurie
RatherBookish.blogspot.com

Miss Laurie said...

I linked up my blog post to Day 3.

http://ratherbookish.blogspot.com/2011/06/hairstyling-challenge-day-3.html

~Miss Laurie
RatherBookish.blogspot.com

Miss Laurie said...

I linked up my Day 4 hairstyle to your Day 4 post!

http://ratherbookish.blogspot.com/2011/06/hairstyling-challenge-day-4.html

~Miss Laurie
RatherBookish.blogspot.com

Miss Laurie said...

I linked up my Day 5 hairstyle to the Day 5 Challenge post.

http://ratherbookish.blogspot.com/2011/06/hairstyling-challenge-day-5.html

~Miss Laurie
RatherBookish.blogspot.com