Celiac awarness color: light green.
Celiac is a disease that is actually kind of an allergy.
I you cannot have anything that touches or has gluten in it and if you have celiac most people follow what is called the Gluten free diet.

Celaic effect people differently.
My brother for example will get sick and very achy legs and wants to lay down cause it hurts to walk around and his tongue get these terrible ulcers. white circles that are holes in his tongue and he doesn't eat very much when this happens cause some many foods hurt it.
Now the way it effects me is just as bad,but I rarely feel miserable.
It messes up my internal organs. Yuck!
Some people are so bad they have to be in the hospital and can almost die.
When my eldest brother started to go on the GF diet there was like nothing for him do eat.
When I was on it I only ate like my brother for around 2 years cause then there started to be more things to be made gluten free.
Olive garden has a gluten free menu now we discovered,and you can have pasta that is gluten free,so Celiac is becoming pretty popular. Whcih I guess isn't a good thing,but it is healthier. ;)
Well,I just thought it would be neat for others that have the Celiac disease to know it was celiac awareness month.

Celiac is a disease that is actually kind of an allergy.
I you cannot have anything that touches or has gluten in it and if you have celiac most people follow what is called the Gluten free diet.
Celaic effect people differently.
My brother for example will get sick and very achy legs and wants to lay down cause it hurts to walk around and his tongue get these terrible ulcers. white circles that are holes in his tongue and he doesn't eat very much when this happens cause some many foods hurt it.
Now the way it effects me is just as bad,but I rarely feel miserable.
It messes up my internal organs. Yuck!
Some people are so bad they have to be in the hospital and can almost die.
When my eldest brother started to go on the GF diet there was like nothing for him do eat.
When I was on it I only ate like my brother for around 2 years cause then there started to be more things to be made gluten free.
Olive garden has a gluten free menu now we discovered,and you can have pasta that is gluten free,so Celiac is becoming pretty popular. Whcih I guess isn't a good thing,but it is healthier. ;)
Although when you go to walmart you can see they have Betty Crocker gluten free cake mix,but actually that isn't certified gluten free material. Our friend told my mom that. she can get deathly sick if she eats gluten,so she is exteremly careful, also an amazing gluten free food cook!!
My favorite thing to use for cooking is "Pamelas baking mix." it is my flour and pancake mix! :) The best bread ever is UDI's bread. If you eat GF you HAVE to try this stuff.
2 thought(s) to note :
Thanks for your comment! I've actually already been writing a post on Celiac -- my mom told me that it was National Awareness month this morning. Gonna seize this opportunity! :)
Have a lovely day!
--Hannah
My family eats gluten free. My dad and little brother are intolerant, so we all just adjusted to that new way of eating. It's not bad, and one thing is for sure, we LOVE the betty crocker baking mixes. Thanks for the info of Olive Garden having gluten free options. I'm going to pass that advice on to my mom. ;)
I hope you have a lovely day!!! xxxx~Kelsey
Post a Comment