May 14, 2011

Bride and Prejudice movie review......

I read a review for this movie on some random blog and have heard some people talk about it,so I decided to check it out.

MY sister is visiting,so I thought we would have a sister night and watch it. :)




This movie was an unsure for me. Not sure if its a like or not. There is just some modern things in it I didn't care for,a little chick flick which isn't exactly my taste I guess.

I like Pride & Prejucie and of course India and musicals.

This was a mix of all of those! It is a modern India too. 

The first song and dance they do I liked,but the rest it could of done without.

Let's start with........................................

William Darcy a rich american hotel owner. I loved Will Darcy in this movie,he wasn't arrogant and kind of stuck up like in Pride and Prejudice,but more like he didn't know how to adapt to the indian way of llife,plus being rich doesn't help. But he was very sweet in this movie,they actually made 'lizzy' (thats not her name in the movie,but who she portray's) is like Mr. Darcy in pride and prejudice,but only to Darcy,to everyone else shes cheery and enjoys there company.

His britsh friend (I don't remember his name,but hes supposed to be Bengliy) and his sister Karen.
Weren't bad,but weren't my favorite

And The 'bennet' family,they're are only 4 girls in this family (they got rid of Kitty,so to speak).

 The parents were like they were in Pride & Prejudice.

Darcy's sister Georgia they don't really show her much,but I took her as kind of your average girl shes not perfect.

Katherine instead of Darcy's aunt its his mother.

'Mr Collins' is Mr. Cole in this is a former indian now living in CA and is extreremly annoying.
lol,he laughs like a donkey.

Johnny Wickham. I did like the way the had him,they showed him to be more of the man he was.
They almost made Darcy,so mad at him that he was almost like afraid of him. And 'Lydia' (lucky in this movie) didn't marry him.Which made me happy,they didn't make her as stupid as in Pride and Prejudice.
She (Lucky) meets up with him one night and then,Will Darcy comes over to...well I won't spoil it,but he tells 'lizzy' why he hates wickham and she kind of freaks and tells him Lucky ran away to meet him and then they show Wickham and Lucky running over town site seeing pretty much. Wickhams sees Darcy looking around for them and trys to lead Lucky away with out her knowing he was doign,so  and ....okay, I will not spoil the story. But they bring Lucky back and Lucky now knows Wickhams real character.


Rated PG 13 and I think thats an appropriate rating for this movie.

Modesty- There is bikini's and womens stomachs and back shown. And low cut tops. Some scenes with guys with open shirts and one or 2 with no shirts at all. So yeah,modesty wasn't a top priority in this movie.


Language- There is some swearing in this movie.

Scenes to skip- I did skip this one boring music scene,but is one musical scene you might want to skip when her sisters start musically teaseing 'Lizzy' about Mr. Cole. There are some inappropriate things said etc...

I like that this movie has some interesting twists,so its not identical to Pride and Prejudice they made it their own I should say.

Over all I think it deserves 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.
Like I said unsure if I like it or not.

If you've seen this or watch it after reading this tell me what you thought of it?!

P.S. I watched it on youtube.

0 thought(s) to note :